How To Make Hessian Table Runners
How To Make Hessian Table RunnersSupplies Needed
- Cut out the hessian fabric to the correct size. For a runner we recommend 30 cm width. If you are using the lace as a place mat or square of hessian to go in the centre of your table choose an appropriate size.
- Pin the lace ribbon along one straight edge of your hessian fabric, over lapping the hessian fabric slightly.
- At the corner of the fabric turn 90 degrees and continue along the straight edge.
- In the corner the lace ribbon will bulge, pinch it togther and lie flat diagonally against itself pinning it into place.
- When you get back to where you started cut off the excess lace.
- With your sewing machine sew the lace ribbon to the hessian fabric where they meet, secure the lace in the corners by sewing along the diagonal fold you created.
- To neaten up your hessian runner iron the fabric, use a cool iron on the lace* If you don't want to line your runner with lace ribbon just fold the hessian back on itself to make a hem and sew along the edge - alternatively just cut the fabric leaving a frayed edge.