Our world map wedding table plan is the perfect choice for a couple who loves to travel. Name your tables after cities or countries you have visited and use the world map as a table plan display. Here we show you the step by step process involved in creating a world map wedding table plan - it's super easy!
Plus, we sell everything used in the step by step guide (apart from scissors, drawing pins and glue) so you can easily re-create this yourself.
You may have also spotted this in the latest issue of You And Your Wedding Magazine.
Stick the map print to the inner card and place back in the frame.
Decide on the names of your tables, these could be cities or countries that are significant to you as a couple.
Print the table name and guests names on to address labels, these could be plain white address labels (24 per A4 page). Here I have used our brown rustic labels for more of a travelling look. I have also used a typewriter style font, you can download fonts for free from various different websites, I like dafont.com.
Stick the printed labels onto your luggage tags.
Add length of bakers twine to your first luggage tag and stick on the map near the country / city it corresponds to.
Place a mapping pin into the city country on the map.
Tie the bakers twine around the mapping pin and cut at the right length, stick the luggage tag to the print so it doesn't move about.
This week our wedding decoration of the week is our ever popular world map wedding table plan. This table plan is perfect for a travel themed wedding, or maybe you aren't having a complete travel theme but are choosing to name your tables after places around the world. Either way we think it looks fab and a great price with minimal DIY needed.
1. Find a frame or stick the world map print onto foam board with our decorative tape, or use inside our wooden frame
2. Choose cities around the world which mean something special to you as a couple – these will be your table names
3. Stick a pin in the cities you have chosen
4. Write your table name followed by guests names on luggage tags and attach to each pin with bakers twine, you may choose to print the guests names onto our brown address labels and stick on to the luggage tags
5. Keep in your home as a reminder of your wedding day
Are you thinking of using our world map wedding table plan at your wedding? See how these couples have used the world map table plan at their weddings, we hope this inspires you.
1. Mount the world map table plan on a white background and frame. Print out the names of the wedding tables (usually countries) and names of the guests sitting on that table. Stick these around the edge of the map add a piece of string and a pin leading to the corresponding country.
2. Pin the world map onto a cork board and display on an easel. The cork board allows you to easily pin the luggage tags around the map.
3. Mount and frame the world map. Love the title 'Where in the world am I sitting?'.
Image source 1Image source 2
4. Love this idea - place the world map inside the lid of a vintage suitcase and hang the luggage tags from string. Little details on extra luggage tags such as 'next stop Peru' make it even more personal.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.